Vasco-Navarro Railway Nature Trail Greenway
- Further information:
Following the trail of the “Trenico” from the monumental city of Estella-Lizarra
The Vasco Navarro Railway Nature Trail Greenway follows the route of the Trenico, which between 1927 and 1967 ran between Estella-Lizarra and Mekolalde (Gipuzkoa), passing through Vitoria/Gasteiz. The 29 kilometre long Navarre section starts at the old railway station, now a bus station, and runs through the municipalities of La Ribera del Río Ega before heading out into Álava-Araba and Gipuzkoa. The route features a rich cultural and railway heritage, such as the Arquijas Viaduct and the Acedo Tunnel (1.4 km long!) and gives us a surprising insight into the Tierra Estella area of Navarre.
- Location: Between Estella-Lizarra, Vitoria-Gazteiz and Bergara (Gipuzkoa)
- Length: 123,5 km; 27 km in Navarre
- Type of surface: Mostly compacted earth. Asphalt surface between Estella-Lizarra and Zubielqui
- User-friendly with some limitations (occasional slopes) in the Zubielqui – Murieta section
- Services: Bike rental
- Carry lighting. Although the Acedo tunnel (1.4 km) has lighting it is always advisable!